Friday, November 7, 2008

Ron Paul got 19,852 votes.

The guy who I voted for, who ACTUALLY ran, got 180,336.

And Obama won.

I've got to say that I am actually kind of excited by this. I am pretty sure his face isn't going to melt off to reveal a face full of grin-teethe.

It's exciting (not too exciting mind you) for many reasons. We will have a "black(ish)" President. He is young. He is sharp. He has a name like a terrorist(s). While he didn't completely blow John McCain out of the water, he did earn the energy of most of the "younger" generation.

Now a lot of older people seem to find this worrisome. I don't think it's really going to be a big deal. So there.

What's most interesting to me is that I will be shipping off to Basic Training January 13, and I believe Obama will be the official President the last week or so of January. He get's at least four years. I get at least four years. It will be interesting to get to know him from the stand point of serving in the military.

That's about it.

3 comments:

.Bird. said...

I feel completely non-productive since you went up and joined the AF... I can't say I'm doing anything worth noting in January... or any month at all.

way to make the rest of us feel like losers.

jeese, man... have a heart.

Nathanaelbendavid said...

Um, I have got to say that I am really unsure how to handle all of this. And I mean ALL of it. It's very difficult for me to move from a reader of adbusters to a member of the Armed Services. And as such I don't really know where my, and certainly that of my family's, sarcasm ends or begins with all of this. Are you being sarcastic? Or patronizing?

.Bird. said...

I definitely wasn't being patronizing.

But yes, sarcastic... didn't you know that sarcasm is the way our family communicates anything true to each other?

So what I said was true... but not so true that I'm actually mad at you. It's an awkward way of communicating pride, I'm pretty sure.

I'm proud of you for being more productive than the rest of us. And for doing something braver than the rest of us. And for setting aside your anti-American passions for something greater.

We're an awkward bunch, and don't communicate well.

But I am ordering a "my brother is in the air force" bumper sticker as we speak....